Working temperature range and voltage .

• I would like to know the working temperature range(min & max) of the wemos d1 mini.

Can the board be on standalone setting when we connect 5v supply to 5v pin or 3.3v supply to the 3.3v pin ?

What is the current consumption of the board and the oled display shield ?

• @shamoscar ,

the minimum and maximum operating temperature is basically defined by the components used.
    For the minimum temperature check the datasheets and take the maximum value,
    e.g. if one device can handle -40°C and another can only handle -20°C, take -20°C.
    Do the same for the maximum temperature.
    Start with the processor ( ESP8266 ) and the OLED display.

The other two questions strongly depend on your setup and use case.
    best regards
    7th Dwarf

• @shamoscar said in Working temperature range and voltage .:

I would like to know the working temperature range(min & max) of the wemos d1 mini.

I would also like to know specifically for the d1 mini as asked :)

• Hmm,

actually what I wanted to say is, that a real specification, as for an end product, would require several tests under specific conditions, including the temperature. I have my doubts that Wemos will do this for a few dollar board.
    Therefore I suggested to "estimate" such specification by using the official information of the devices used on the board, which might be easier and quicker. There is, of course, no warranty. It will be more like "the board should work from minus xxx to plus yyy."

7th Dwarf

• The RT9013 and the CH340G have a temperature tolerance of -40 C to 85 C. That is tighter than the ESP8266 and the flash chip.

It's a little more difficult (at least for me) to figure out the tolerance ranges of the passives etc. I would think though that they're not the limiting factor.

• Hello,

am I right in saying that the ESP8266 has a temperature range of -20°C to +100°C?

My Wemos d1 mini pro has a winbond 25q128fvsg. This has a temperature range of -40/+85. I think the other serial flash should have similar ranges.
    For the passive components I would assume a range of -40/+85.

Using this approach it is recommended to have the absolute maximum values for the WeMos are -20°C to +85°C. Typically exceeding these limits will either degrade the reliability ( lifetime ) of the components or the module might not work at all.
    7th Dwarf

• The operating temperature of the ESP8266 itself is -40 to 125 C from the datasheet. So I'm not sure where you are getting -20C

Looks like your connection to WEMOS Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.