Error compiling program

• I`m doing some stuff with neopixels and a wemos D1 mini, the strandtest compiles without problems and is fully functional.

But when i try to compile this example:

[link text]https://github.com/bartlettmic/SparkFun-RGB-LED-Music-Sound-Visualizer-Arduino-Code(link url)

I get errors like :

In file included from /Users/BenEngelen/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.0.0/cores/esp8266/Arduino.h:38:0,
    from sketch/Music_WEMOS_D1.ino.cpp:1:
    /Users/BenEngelen/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.0.0/cores/esp8266/esp8266_peri.h:26:30: error: expected unqualified-id before 'volatile'
    #define ESP8266_REG(addr) *((volatile uint32_t *)(0x60000000+(addr)))
    ^
    What could be wrong?

Thx,

Ben

• I think that your compiler might be missing support for smilies ;-)

• @Bengelen needs Music_WEMOS_D1.ino to have a look ...

• Hello @Bengelen ,

would you please use three backticks next time you include something like code or an error log.
    The code part in question is inside of "esp8266_peri.h", which will be included from "Arduino.h", which in turn will be included before "Music_WEMOS_D1.ino.cpp" or any other sketch will be opened.

#define ESP8266_REG(addr) *((volatile uint32_t *)(0x60000000+(addr)))

This also explains the smiley, as *) will be shown as *) in this forum.

I downloaded the original code, named "Visualizer_Program.ino" and compiled it with no error. I also suggest to post your code here ( please do not forget the backticks ). Maybe we can help then.
    7th Dwarf

Looks like your connection to WEMOS Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.