REPEATING I know __POWER WEMOS D1 mini

• Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and new to the wemos d1 mini too. Working on windows 10.
    As I have problems with booting my 3rd wemos and after reading millions of posts (that didn't help me obviously) I am seeking for help now.

I had wemos (aliexpress double) that didn't boot. i plugged it into usb (as seen like in many tutorials) and it did this known usb sound going on and off, blinking a couple of times. i reinstalled the ch341, no help.

the next wemos i had, same double is not booting, so arduino id doesn t show any port and gives me :
    error: failed sending 0xC0
    error: failed sending 8 bytes
    error: failed sending 36 bytes

warning: espcomm_sync failed
    error: espcomm_open failed
    error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
    error: Invalid argument or value after -cf (argument #10)

i cut a 12v ac cd adapter cable, used a lm2596 bucket converter and put it on 3.3 v. it blinked a couple of times.
    but this gives me some headache as I don't know how to upload my sketch on the wemos if i can't connect over usb to the arduino IDE or is it possible to plug in to usb and use a external power device? sorry, i am just a total beginner..
    also, if i want to have the wemos mobile, what kind of power supply should I use?

BTW: I bought also a WEMOS D1 mini Original from wemos and it works smooth over usb and also with a cheap 5V power bank that I use for my phone. With that wemos I could upload a sketch turning on and off an led over my ip-adress.
    All this is more frustrating when some things just work and others don't.

i appreciate any help that is maybe easier to understand for a beginner. thanks!

• I guess you should complain to whatever seller you bought the faulty clones from.

• @Hay said in REPEATING I know __POWER WEMOS D1 mini:

Check the actual USB chip on your clone. Perhaps it's not actually a ch341, but a similar chip that uses a special driver. Focus on that until you see the COM port appear in the the Device Manager.

In Windows 7, go to Control Panel > Device Manager < Ports (COM & LPT). Plugging in your board should make an entry appear there, that will go away when you remove the USB cable. The COM number (e.g. COM1, COM3, etc.) is what you'll set in the Arduino IDE, Tools > Port setting.

Looks like your connection to WEMOS Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.