D1 Mini Constantly resetting when using deep sleep

• Hi,
    I'm having a problem where I put the D1 Mini to sleep using ESP.deepSleep(100000); I have tried connecting RST and D0 with a wire or a resistor, but every time it will just constantly reboot.
    Anyone had the same issue, or got any ideas what I can do to get it to sleep for a decent period of time, then wake up and repeat?

Many thanks

• Hi @Knapster ,

you are aware that the parameter for ESP.deepSleep is in µs? So, your sleep time is
    just 100ms, which is very short, as the device needs some time to boot up the whole system. There is a break even, where it would make no sense to put the device in deep sleep and having it run without Wifi active and maybe use some kind of slow mode instead.
    Probably this is also what you see, as the system is basically reseting every 100ms and might need something in the range of 30ms or so to start.

What is the reason for the 100ms?
    What are you trying to do?

7th Dwarf

• Hi @Seventh-Dwarf

No, I thought it was in milliseconds! Thanks for clearing that up, I've just set it to 30000000µs and it works like a charm.

The aim is to get my plants to tweet when they need water, this was the last part of the code I needed as I only want it checking 2-3 times a day.

Again, thanks for your assistance!

Knapster

Looks like your connection to WEMOS Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.