Fake Wemos Lolin ESP32 with OLED

• I couldn't understand what was going on with these boards. I am glad this thread has cleared things up.
    The concept the original develop came up with is quite good.
    https://www.tindie.com/stores/lspoplove/

I think it would have been even better if the base board and shields used the same pin and physical design as the WEMOS. Then people could use the existing range of shields and other designers might also release shields to suit.

Very disappointing about the use of the WEMOS trademark on the board on AliExpress.

• @whatsupskip Hi,today i found a esp32 boards may used the same pin and physical design as the WEMOS d1 mini, so i think i could use my existing range of D1 mini shields with it. See the pinmap of the board,try it?
    https://de.aliexpress.com/store/product/MH-ET-LIVE-D1-mini-ESP32-ESP-32-WiFi-Bluetooth-Internet-of-Things-development-board-based/1962508_32815530502.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.8x7SkH

• While the spacing of the pins is similar, the order of the pins is actually completely different, so the shields won't work and may actually release blue smoke, depending on which pins they use.

• @deshipu No, wait, the parts marked in white actually seem to be compatible, I take back what I said.

• @deshipu Dear deshipu.Did you said about the blue board i mentioned? OK.By the way,i have ordered one and waiting to test it .

• @Joy-Smith Yeah, that's what I meant. I ordered it too, it looks very interesting, thanks for posting it.

• @megazaic , i know this is an old post, but could you provide some more details about these boards?

• what is the communication interface between the mcu and the display? it needs special libs?
    • what is your opinion about these boards? i'm especially interested in the esp32 version. i see it has less pins than a normal esp32. how many analog -> digital pins are available? where can i find a pinout diagram?

thanks!

• @wanek esp32+oled you can find as ' D-duino32 '. OLED is a SSD1306 I2C display. pin 5 is SDA, pin 4 is SCL.
    I do not use ESP32 at now due to weak support.
    alt text

• @megazaic ,
    thanks for the fast reply!

yeah, it is a shame that such a great product - i mean all esp32 based boards - have subpar support and docs :(

i try to use with this lib: https://github.com/squix78/esp8266-oled-ssd1306
    but i've got:

In file included from C:\ARDUINO\libraries\esp8266-oled-ssd1306/SSD1306Wire.h:31:0,

from C:\ARDUINO\libraries\esp8266-oled-ssd1306/SSD1306.h:30,

from C:\Users\wanek\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_891573\SSD1306SimpleDemo.ino:29:

C:\ARDUINO\libraries\esp8266-oled-ssd1306/OLEDDisplay.h: In member function 'virtual bool OLEDDisplay::connect()':

C:\ARDUINO\libraries\esp8266-oled-ssd1306/OLEDDisplay.h:253:29: error: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Werror=return-type]

virtual bool connect() {};

^

In file included from C:\ARDUINO\libraries\esp8266-oled-ssd1306/SSD1306.h:30:0,

from C:\Users\wanek\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_891573\SSD1306SimpleDemo.ino:29:

C:\ARDUINO\libraries\esp8266-oled-ssd1306/SSD1306Wire.h: In member function 'virtual void SSD1306Wire::display()':

C:\ARDUINO\libraries\esp8266-oled-ssd1306/SSD1306Wire.h:83:23: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type [-Wtype-limits]

if (minBoundY == ~0) return;

^

cc1plus.exe: some warnings being treated as errors

Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\ARDUINO\hardware\espressif\esp32\libraries\Wire 
    Using library esp8266-oled-ssd1306 at version 3.2.7 in folder: C:\ARDUINO\libraries\esp8266-oled-ssd1306 
    exit status 1
    Error compiling for board WEMOS LOLIN32.

if i modify virtual bool connect() {}; to:
    virtual void connect() {}; or
    virtual bool connect() {return 1}; there are further errors...

anybody managed to use this esp32 board with this lib?
    thanks!

• @wanek said in Fake Wemos Lolin ESP32 with OLED:

anybody managed to use this esp32 board with this lib?

check this

Looks like your connection to WEMOS Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.