Wemos D1 Mini USB not recognized error (Code 43)
Hi guys, I just got these boards a month ago and love them to bits. I use them with the arduino IDE and its been a pleasure to work with. However, as of today, my boards have started to stop connecting via USB to computer. It started from one board and one port but after a while most of my ports/boards were affected as well. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
To clarify, I've managed to compile to the boards via a different USB port but after a while, these ports also stopped recognizing the devices (my computer has 4 ports).
Hello @lackdaz ,
you haven't mentioned your operating system and version. Also it might help to know if you are using a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port.
I assume you have some Windows 7 to 10, connecting your device to a USB 2.0 port.
The error message is coming from the operating system. Google has one proposal which is basically to disable the USB devices in the device manager, restart the system and enable the USB devices again.
I never had this problem, therefore please give it a try and let us know your feedback.
OS: Windows 10
The problem started with a USB 3.0 port, but I start moving it to my other ports which were also 2.0 and 3.0 and they flashed fine the first time but started to exhibit the same problems as well.
- Disabling the USB selective suspend settings under "power options"
- Reinstalling the CH341 drivers
- and your most current suggestions
Do You use the original, short, USB cable?
Hi, I have more or less the same problem, without solution.
In moment I have 3 Wemos D1 mini and I can´t connect them stabil via USB.
At the beginning they are connecting fine, one is now running with a DS1820 Temp sensor programm. I know there is a problem with short programs, running not in loop, but instead with selfreset.
At the beginning it works to hold the Wemos in reset with bridging GND and D3.
Sometimes its found in devicemanger for some seconds after hold reset and connect. I tried also to take the newest driver and set back the connections. Nothing works in moment.
What can I try now?
Thx and greetings, Mirzel
@Mirzel : Strange, now I tried a longer, also working USB cable and it works one time. I´ll give feedback if this was a stable solution, now there is a test program on it, here it works, and I don´t want to reflash it... So it must be connection between cable and selfresetting...
In case it's not common knowledge (and not assuming the cable is at fault here) not all USB cables are born equal!
Many are just substandard, made with the cheapest materials; often cables break with very little usage, connectors fail (even found them with the wrong pitch on the A connector!)
And some are ONLY for CHARGING, they don't have the data pair connected, so grabbing the cable from that cheap phone charger may not be a good idea!
Although massively bulky, the USB B connector on an Arduino Mega et al is rock steady!
A good test is to connect your phone to your PC and open a file browser to your DCIM folder and then twist and turn the cable, if it drops the connection, bin it!
Testing by charging your phone is not a good test because it does not also test the data pair.
Always check your cable before you bin your device. ;)